Emergency Dental Care in Crofton Maryland
If you feel that you need to see a dentist immediately, call us (410) 721-0900. We excel in emergency treatment and pain relief. If you’re in pain and can’t wait for relief, we’ll schedule an appointment right away.
A toothache is a pain in or around a tooth that may be caused by:
- Tooth decay
- Abscessed tooth
- Tooth fracture
- A damaged filling
- Repetitive motions, such as chewing gum or grinding teeth
- Infected gums
Symptoms of a toothache may include:
- Tooth pain that may be sharp, throbbing, or constant. In some people, pain results only when pressure is applied to the tooth.
- Swelling around the tooth
- Fever or headache
- Foul-tasting drainage from the infected tooth
When Should I See a Dentist About a Toothache?
See your dentist as soon as possible about your toothache if:
- You have a toothache that lasts longer than 1 or 2 days
- Your toothache is severe
- You have a fever, earache, or pain upon opening your mouth wide
Proper identification and treatment of dental infections prevents its spreading to other parts of the face and skull and possibly even to the bloodstream.